Here we are discussing how to make a white wine spritzer by mixing only the white wine and tonic water is a easy to make cooling cocktail drink usually made in summer, and you can decorate the drink with fruit of your choice that comes in summer. When the guests arrive during hot summer afternoon then this is the right drink to make for them and below we are going to discuss how to make a white wine spritzer!
The white wine spritzer is here announced as drink to be made during summer!
Actually its so easy to make that this should be the drink everyone is making during summer. First I was hesitant to say that this should be drink of everyone’s summer. This is such a functional cocktail made by mixing white wine and tonic water along with adding fruit that comes during summer. I had to share with you the method to make white wine spritzer.
I am going to share with you two sets of fruits that will be added to the drink – one with sliced peaches and cherries and the other with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
You have different fruit in your area available? Then you can change the recipe to the fruit of your choice.
WHAT IS A WHITE WINE SPRITZER?
The white wine spritzer is perhaps the effortless cocktail that anyone can make of the table. Its made by mixing 3 parts of white wine and 1 part sparkling water or club soda, and it’s decorated with a portion of lemon or lime, or part of citrus peel of any fruit.
The above mentioned are ingredients of classic wine spritzer, to make the fruit version of the drink we need to modify the ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE A White WINE SPRITZER WITH FRUIT
- To start with all one wants is two big sized wine glasses that are filled with ice till half.
- Slice the fruit of your choice that comes during summer such as blueberries, strawberries, peaches or cherries and add them to the wine glasses.
- Fill the glasses with around 90 ml of white wine into each glass and rest in the glass pour tonic water.
- Stir and enjoy!
WHAT TYPE OF WINE IS BEST FOR A WHITE WINE SPRITZER?
The wines I prefer are pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc, that are not so sweet, and light in viscosity. One can also use chardonnay though they are bit heavy and rich in viscosity.
Looking for a cocktails sweeter, then use either riesling or a moscato.
WHAT CAN I MIX WITH WINE TO MAKE A WHITE WINE SPRITZER?
Usually, white wine is mixed with club soda or sparkling water to make a wine spritzer.
One is also able to make wine spritzer with sprite, 7-up or ginger ale, and will result in a much syrupy cocktail.
Here in this recipe, in having similarity to club soda I used tonic water and though ingredient of club soda is carbonated water with minerals. Although, to get a different kind of flavor tonic water gives bitter taste with sweetness.
Use kombucha which is a sparkling beverage to make the things taste different. Kombucha is a normally bubbly fermented tea, hence it will do the task of putting spritz to your wine spritzer, along with flavour and sweetness.
FRUIT VARIATIONS You can use for this WINE SPRITZER RECIPE
- Sliced peaches and rainier cherries will make a stone fruit wine spritzer. Also can be used are ingredients like nectarines, plums or apricots.
- The best taste you will get is with blueberries and strawberries, that makes a great choice for the July celebrations during holidays.
- For Canada Day, you can add raspberries and sweet red cherries.
- And when fresh citrus twist is required, mixing the cocktails with lemon, lime or orange wedges is desirable.
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR MAKING WINE SPRITZERS WITH FRUIT
- To make a appealing spritzers make sure to put in a lot of ice. Also it is essential that wine and tonic water are cold too.
- For every 3 ounces of wine mix one ounce of tonic water, however if the taste is too bitter than its better to increase the volume of wine and reduce the amount of tonic water.
- Spritzers can be served in single go, or blend a big amount in a container. Make sure the ratio of wine and tonic water is 3:1. Also make sure to add the fruits only when serving the spritzer in glasses.
- It’s ideal to make a single serving of this cocktail, as spritzer could be left in the container.
Make sure to describe your experience in the comments below of making white wine spritzer with fruit.